According to the Migraine Research Foundation:
- Migraine is the 3rd most prevalent illness in the world, and the 6th most disabling illness in the world.
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. households includes someone with migraine.
- 18% of American women and 6% of men experience migraines.
- Migraine tends to run in families: 80% of migraine sufferers have a family history of migraine.
- While most sufferers experience attacks once or twice a month, more than 4 million people have chronic migraines (at least 15 migraine days per month or more).
This series of stories is brought to you by Stopain Migraine, the unique topical pain relieving gel applied to the back of the neck and behind the ears to ease migraine pain. To learn more or read about the observational study conducted by the Jefferson Headache Clinic, visit www.stopainmigraine.com.